**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 3RD**
Hey guys, my interview with Keiran Cooper and Patrick Canny for the Scales podcast was just released! I had the pleasure of talking to them about how we used to share yo-yo tricks when I first started yo-yoing versus how we share them now. Listen to the episode below:
The main moral of the interview is: I miss yo-yo videos. Sharing tricks on Instagram through #trickcircle has a lot of pros… but there is something special about making an entire curated package in a trick clip video. So, I thought it would be fun to host a video contest to try and get a few more clip videos out there! So here are the rules…
1) All videos submitted must have the following splash screen at the beginning of the video for 5 seconds.
Click here to download contest splash screen
2) The minimum total duration for the video is 1 minute and 30 seconds.
3) Upload your video on YouTube with the following title format: “Scales Video Contest – name of video”
4) Submit your name, email, and a link to your video at the submission box at the bottom of this page.
5) The deadline for video submissions is
Monday, June 26th, 2017 Monday, July 3rd. This gives you a little over a month to come up with a video idea, film, edit, and upload!
The guidelines for this contest are pretty open so that everyone entering has a lot of freedom in what kind of video they want to make. I will be judging all of the videos and choose my top 3. The top 3 will receive a ton of bragging rights and YoYoFactory and YoYoExpert were kind enough to put up some great prizes! The prizes are:
1st: YoYoFactory EDGE and an $80 YoYoExpert Gift Certificate
2nd: YoYoFactory Czech Point Pivot and a $50 YoYoExpert Gift Certificate
3rd: YoYoFactory Horizon and a $20 YoYoExpert Gift Certificate
Now get out there and go film! Thanks a ton to the Scales Collective, YoYoNews, YoYoFactory, and YoYoExpert for supporting the community and helping me put this contest together!