This years World YoYo Contest will be held in Iceland in just 6 weeks! Here’s what you need to know:
- The next registration deadline is coming up soon…after that, competitor fee jumps from $30 to $60. Registration is available HERE.
- If you are registering to compete, you still have to purchase a day pass! In previous years this was all done at the same time, but due to venue restrictions you must purchase your day pass separately. Do that HERE.
If you haven’t uploaded your music yet, do that HERE.(Music upload isn’t available yet, but should be soon.)
- Submission deadline for the Art & Performance Division has been extended to July 10th! Details HERE.
- There’s a good FAQ on the website about Iceland HERE.
- There is no specific “contest hotel” this year. Because Iceland is small, the lodging is going to be more like past years of EYYC…a sort of “players village” with everyone scattered at multiple hotels, hostels, and Air BnBs all very close to each other. There are 7 different options listed on the event site HERE, plus you can search AirBnB if you want something a little more private.
- Freestyle rules are HERE. If you are competing, it’s your responsibility to know these rules inside and out. If you have questions, please contact the IYYF for clarification as soon as possible.
Good luck, and see you there!
Colin Beckford says
Hey Steve, I wasn’t sure if you’d noticed but I don’t think there’s currently anywhere for competitors to upload music (at least on the page given in this post). Do you know when the music upload will be up? I would like to upload my music at the earliest convenience 🙂
Steve Brown says
Ah…thanks for the heads up! I figured linking to the “Music Upload” page would be a safe bet, should have checked it first. I don’t know when music upload will be live, but I’ll reach out to the organizers now and see what I can find out, and update the post when I hear back from them. Thanks for letting me know!