What a formidable scene! 44FESTA went the extra mile on March 8th for the annual 44Festival, teaming up with some of Japan’s best yo-yo clubs for an amazing freestyle contest!
Each of the following yo-yo clubs sent their brightest young talents (and the not-so-young Pon) to the contest:
- 403YOYOCLUB from Miyagi sent Makoto Yoshida
- Tsudanuma Renshukai from Chiba sent Kazuki Morii
- Akabane Renshukai from Tokyo sent Takumi Shirasaki
- Yamato Yo-yo Circle from Tokyo sent Takumi Yasumoto
- Meisei Renshukai from Aichi sent Hiroyasu “Pon” Ishihara
- Iwata Renshukai from Shizuoka sent Shinji Toyoda
- 800YOYOCLASS from Kanagawa sent Kento Muraoka and Toru Miyazaki
- 44FESTA from Kanagawa sent Naoki Uemae
A brief demo by 1A legend Hiroyuki Suzuki was followed by a 28-player preliminary round to choose the finalists joining the club seeds.
These are the final results, click the names to watch the freestyles!
Click here to watch all of the freestyles and demos!
The next edition of 44FESTA will be held on April 19th! With the World Yo-yo Contest in Tokyo quickly approaching, we can be sure the entire country is more than excited, and every event in Japan this year will certainly attract players looking for every opportunity to practice their freestyles!