Tsukasa Takatsu will have been throwing for three years this September, but he’s celebrating early with this new video. There are a crazy amount of great tricks in here…enjoy!
Archives for June 2, 2014
From Russia we have another promo video for YoYofficer, this one featuring Alexey Pavlov throwing some solid tricks.
Yoyo used is the YoYofficer Musket.
Coleman Weimer just put out the best looking video of the year so far, filmed in Koh Kut, Thailand during Spring Break.
Jake Wiens and KAMEYO spend a Sunday hanging in the Kengarden with the Ozora Specialty Sakura Edition. So damn good!
C3YoYoDesign Mo-Vitation Specs:
Diameter: 55.53 mm
Width: 43.40 mm
Weight: 67.7 grams
Bearing: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: C3 Standard Silicone Pad
The C3YoYoDesign Mo-Vitation is the signature model of C3 Team Member Ethan “MoMo” Wong Wing Hang, and has been optimized for horizontal and finger-spin tricks. This v-shape yoyo plays incredibly fast and light, while maintaining a tremendous percentage of rim weight for maximum stability. The straight-line v-profile is comfortable in the hand and moves quickly and easily through all styles of tricks, but this yoyo really shines at horizontal play. The dimple area in the cup is designed specifically for finger spin tricks, and as you can see from the video below, the Mo-Vitation is perfectly optimized for this type of play.
C3YoYoDesign has always paid great attention to making sure their yoyos look as good as they play, and the Mo-Vitation is no different. The anodization is expertly applied with a deep, perfect black and a vivid pink wash. The yoyo features a bead blasted finish that makes it perfect for finger spins and other grinds, and gives the yoyo a sleek, elegant look. The engraving is impeccable, with even the tiniest of details rendered perfectly, and the overall design is subtle and aesthetically appealing.
The C3YoYoDesign Mo-Vitation retails for $90, making it a lower-end premium yoyo. It’s a stable, solid player that will get you through any contest in the world, and it looks as good as it plays. It’s hard to argue with the quality that C3YoYoDesign brings to the table, and this yoyo is worth the price for any serious player.
WIN THIS YOYO!
Want to win this C3YoYoDesign Mo-Vitation? Just post a video of your best horizontal trick to Instagram, with the hashtags #yoyonews #c3yoyodesign #ilovemomo. We’ll pick our favorite trick on June 16th at Noon EST, and the winner will receive the C3YoYoDesign Mo-Vitation seen above!
Mexican YoYo Association players Isaac Kanarek, Betty Gallegos, Orlando Abrajan, and Mauricio Calvo had a great appearance on Mexican television show “Sabadazo”. As with many Mexican television shows, the hosts were three beautiful women, one who was rapping, and a guy in clown makeup acting like a lunatic.
I wonder if American TV looks this crazy in Mexico? 😉
Congrats to the MYYA players on a great appearance and some solid press for the Mexican yoyo scene!
Check out video of the top three in 1A and X below.
First Place – Marcus Koh
Second Place – Christopher Chia
Third Place – Ian Loh
First Place – Sean Hung
Second Place – Iskander Shah
Third Place – Chen Kun
Werrd Wrecking Crew member Oleg Matveev dropped a beautifully shot new video that’s definitely worth checking out…some really smooth tricks in here.
Yoyo used is the Sentinel by Werrd.
The 2014 World YoYo Contest is coming up soon, and they’ve just posted a list of some of the top names that are registered for the event. The level of play at the World YoYo Contest is always high, but with this year’s event being held in Prague I think we can expect a pretty amazing blowout of talent as the event levels up.
Registration is still open, and there’s just about another month before the next price increase. Check out the all-star list of registered competitors below!
- Vashek Kroutil – Czech Champion
- Mimi Thian – Team C3YoYoDesign Malaysia
- Clint Armstrong – YoYoFactory Contest Team
- Harold Owens III – USA National Champion
- Igor Galiev – Russian YoYo Star
- Vilmos Zoltan Kiss – Team One Drop
- Matyáš Racek – Mr. Unique Style from Prague
- Takeshi Matsuura – World and Japanese National YoYo Champion
- Hiroyuki Suzuki –4x World YoYo Champion
- Anthony Rojas – 2014 Bay Area Classic Champion
- Carlos Braun – EYYC 2014 winner and Werrd Team Member
- Shinya Kido – 2009 World YoYo Champion & C3YoYoDesign Japan Team
- Riccardo Fraolini – CLYW Team & #trickcircle dominator
- Takuma Yamamoto – World YoYo Champion
- Joseph Harris – US National Champion
- Dave Geigle – European 2A Champion
- Patrick Borgerding – US National 3A Champion
- Quentin Godet – European YoYo Champion
- Rei Iwakura – Japanese YoYo Champion
- Ben Conde – Team YoyoJam Legend
- Ian Johnson – US National YoYo Champion
- Maciek Cwynar
- Takeshi Matsuura – World YoYo Champion
- Chin Min Tuan – Vietnamese YoYo Champion
- Sora Ishikawa
- Jake Elliot – USA National Champion