We’ve got a nice triple feature from Ryosuke Kawamura…one brand new video, and a couple that we somehow missed!
Check out some top-notch tricks from Japanese players Yoku Kato, Atsushi Takeuchi, and Shusaku Kato.
Well, that didn’t take long. 😉
Six-time US National Champion Bryan Figueroa has officially joined the Japan Technology team! Seems like a perfect fit for Bryan’s style, and he’s got a huge fan base in Japan. Congrats to Bryan and Japan Technology on a great match-up!
Philippines yoyo retailer Flipspin dropped a new promo video for Japan Technology’s offstring yoyo, Another Eagle, featuring 2014 Philippine National 4A Champion Rocky Loyola. The 4A field seems to really be picking up lately, and it’s well on its way to eclipsing the rest of the “sub styles” of competitive yoyo play. Rocky is in top form here with some great tricks…check it out!
Yoyo used is Another Eagle by Japan Technology.
Rewind boss man Hironori Mii got his own promo video from Rewind! Hironori is one of the early World Champions of the modern era, and one of the most influential forces in yoyo contests worldwide. He knows a few tricks. 😉
Four-time Korean National Champion and 2014 Asia-Pacific Champion Jeon Ji Hwan gets the promo player treatment from YoYo Store Rewind! Great tricks from one of the best offstring players of this generation.
Yoyo used is the Ultimate Eagle by Japan Technology.
2013 Singapore National Champion Sean Hung shows off some solid offstring play in this new video.
Yoyo used is the Eagle Eye by Japan Technology.
This one almost slipped by us with all the hubbub from EYYC, but South Korean offstring player Jeon Ji Hwan dropped a nice, low-fi offstring video using the Shift Change by Japan Technology. There’s some really clean offstring play in here…enjoy!
[Video Contest Rules]
– Make a clip video showcasing your yo-yo skill.
– You use only Japan Technology’s yo-yos for this clip video, and perform only style of Off String.
→Japan Technology’s yo-yos, →Learning Off String (4A)
– The entry period is from November 20th to January 10th.
– Videos will be judged based on the difficulty and originality, quality and polish of the video (mood, music, cinematography, editing, etc).
– Special awards will be chosen based on the judge’s preference.
– Once your video is uploaded, submit the entry form here: (please include your name, e-mail address, and video link so we know how to contact you if you win)
– Entries (including your uploaded video and entry form) must be received by January 5th, 2014.
– Your entry can be an individual person or a group/team.
– Upload your video to YouTube with the privacy setting set to Public. (No 3D setting, please.)
– Videos should be 2 minutes or less in length.
– Videos should begin and end with the Japan Technology x REWIND Offstring Video Contest banner. Download from here 1920×1080, 1280×720
– Videos must be titled “Japan Technology x REWIND Video Contest – [your name or team name]”
– Video must be tagged with “Japan Technology” and “REWIND”.
– Videos must have links to http://www.japantechnology.jp/ and http://www.yoyostorerewind.com in the video description.
– By entering this contest, you acknowledge and allow that your video may be posted by REWIND or Japan Technology to their homepage, Facebook page, twitter feed, etc.
1st Runner-up: $100 gift credit at REWIND + Clear Hybreed [not for sale]
2nd Runner-up(s): $50 gift credit at REWIND + Ashiru Kamui Light (Pearl White)
Most Views: $100 gift credit at REWIND
(The Most Views award will be determined by video view count at 5:00 p.m. (Japan time) on the day the contest winners are announced. This award may be won in combination with another award.)
(This award may be won in combination with another award.)
Hybreed Award : Clear Hybreed
Eagle Eye Award : Clear Hybreed
Shift Change Award : Clear Hybreed
At the end of January on REWIND TV (to-be-determined). & Facebook
*Please acknowledge that your entry or victory in this contest does not guarantee a sponsor offer.
*A sponsor offer may be awarded regardless of whether a person wins the contest or not.
*If you have further questions about the contest, please contact us here: email@example.com
For the mostly-overlooked offstring players, it looks like you’ve got two new models to get excited about. Japan Technology has two yo-yos launching on November 20th, and our friends at Yo-Yo Store REWIND have produced some stickers (shown above) that will be thrown in with every order placed during the month of November.
Images and specs for both models are shown below. The HyBreed will retail for $50-60, and the EagleEye will retail for $160-180.
Japan Technology has released a new “Pearl Collection” version of their popular Ashiru Kamui Light offstring yoyo, and with it comes this great video of Atsushi Takeuchi showing off the new model. Why don’t we see more offstring videos?