There’s a great video contest going on the YoYoExpert forum right now, specifically geared towards players who are 30 and older! Check out details below, and head to the YoYoExpert Forum for instructions on how to submit your video.
Entries must be recieved by Sunday November 1 at 11:59pm EST***
- Eligibility: You must be 30 years or over before the closing date for entries. You can be from anywhere in the world. You must have a YYE forum account. Your post count and date of joining is irrelevant to your eligibility!
- Video Length: 1:34. Some will find this to be on the short side, but I have the judges to think about. 4 seconds at the beginning of the yoyo must display the contest graphic with all our sponsors.
- Format: This is a trick showcase video. Edits are allowed and encouraged though they are not strictly “required”. Your tricks can be across any category. Mostly 1A but with a 4A banger in your back pocket? Great. 3A has occupied your time and has become your obsession? Go for it. Fixed Axle is what “does it” for you? G’head!
- Divisions*: There are two divisions: “around” a year or under, and then… the rest. Yes, a person with a year and a half of playing will be going up against someone with potentially a decade or more of play. I’ve done it myself and you still have great odds. Even better this year, as you’ll see by the judging criteria.
- Judges: Judging will be by a panel of 5 AMAZING yoyo personalities (including National Masters, yoyo legends, and world-renowned players). Yes, I will tell you who they are.
No, I’m not telling you yet.Turn to page 3 for the announcement that our panel includes Steve Brown, Dazzling Dave, Daniel Dietz, Augie Fash, and Ed Haponik!
- Judging Criteria: For each of the “main” divisions, each judge will score based on a 10-point scale for three categories: Skill, Creativity, and Execution**
Prizes! We have those! Here’s a starting point:
- “A year or under“: 1st-3rd places, each with a package of prizes
- “Over a year“: 1st-3rd places, each with a package of prizes
- “Well, I entered!“: random draws will mean that everybody can still win big!
- “Best Banger“: A premium metal yoyo (and something else!) awaits the best trick across both divisions. Our judges have seen a lot of bangers, so if you’re after this prize, make it good!
- “Best Video“: Regardless of your yoyo skill level, you have the chops to put together an impressive video. The best video across both divisions receives a prize pack including (another!) premium metal yoyo. This is your time to shine, even if you’re not sure you can cop 1st place in the main divisions
- “More“: I have more ways to get yoyos into your hands. Stay tuned.
Every entry is qualified to receive a FREE 10-PACK OF STRINGS! courtesy of our own YoyoExpert just for entering. When you submit your video, just let me know if you are interested in claiming them and I will take it from there.
For details on how to submit your video for the contest, please visit the contest thread on the YoYoExpert Forum.