Check out video of the winners from the 2017 Asia Pacific YoYo Championship!
Igor Galiev vlogged his entire trip to the 2017 European YoYo Championship in Bratislava…so if you didn’t make it, here’s a 21+ minute video that lets you *kinda* feel like you were there.
**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 3RD**
Hey guys, my interview with Keiran Cooper and Patrick Canny for the Scales podcast was just released! I had the pleasure of talking to them about how we used to share yo-yo tricks when I first started yo-yoing versus how we share them now. Listen to the episode below:
The main moral of the interview is: I miss yo-yo videos. Sharing tricks on Instagram through #trickcircle has a lot of pros… but there is something special about making an entire curated package in a trick clip video. So, I thought it would be fun to host a video contest to try and get a few more clip videos out there! So here are the rules…
1) All videos submitted must have the following splash screen at the beginning of the video for 5 seconds.
2) The minimum total duration for the video is 1 minute and 30 seconds.
3) Upload your video on YouTube with the following title format: “Scales Video Contest – name of video”
4) Submit your name, email, and a link to your video at the submission box at the bottom of this page.
5) The deadline for video submissions is
Monday, June 26th, 2017 Monday, July 3rd. This gives you a little over a month to come up with a video idea, film, edit, and upload!
The guidelines for this contest are pretty open so that everyone entering has a lot of freedom in what kind of video they want to make. I will be judging all of the videos and choose my top 3. The top 3 will receive a ton of bragging rights and YoYoFactory and YoYoExpert were kind enough to put up some great prizes! The prizes are:
1st: YoYoFactory EDGE and an $80 YoYoExpert Gift Certificate
2nd: YoYoFactory Czech Point Pivot and a $50 YoYoExpert Gift Certificate
3rd: YoYoFactory Horizon and a $20 YoYoExpert Gift Certificate
Now get out there and go film! Thanks a ton to the Scales Collective, YoYoNews, YoYoFactory, and YoYoExpert for supporting the community and helping me put this contest together!
Check out this great contest video of the 2017 Japan National YoYo Contest. The JYYF does such an amazing job with all of their events, and a video like this really captures what an intense, high-level competition this is. If you’ve never been to a Japanese national championship, make it a priority!
This years World YoYo Contest will be held in Iceland in just 6 weeks! Here’s what you need to know:
- The next registration deadline is coming up soon…after that, competitor fee jumps from $30 to $60. Registration is available HERE.
- If you are registering to compete, you still have to purchase a day pass! In previous years this was all done at the same time, but due to venue restrictions you must purchase your day pass separately. Do that HERE.
If you haven’t uploaded your music yet, do that HERE.(Music upload isn’t available yet, but should be soon.)
- Submission deadline for the Art & Performance Division has been extended to July 10th! Details HERE.
- There’s a good FAQ on the website about Iceland HERE.
- There is no specific “contest hotel” this year. Because Iceland is small, the lodging is going to be more like past years of EYYC…a sort of “players village” with everyone scattered at multiple hotels, hostels, and Air BnBs all very close to each other. There are 7 different options listed on the event site HERE, plus you can search AirBnB if you want something a little more private.
- Freestyle rules are HERE. If you are competing, it’s your responsibility to know these rules inside and out. If you have questions, please contact the IYYF for clarification as soon as possible.
Good luck, and see you there!
Japan Nationals is always one of the biggest contests of the year, with the winners becoming heavily favored to take their respective divisions at that years World YoYo Contest. So here you go…here are your new favorites for Worlds!
1A Divison – Presented by C3yoyodesign
1st Place – Shion Araya
2A Division – Presented by YoYoFactory
1st Place – Takuma Yamamoto
3A Division – Presented by CLYW
1st Place – Tomoya Kurita
4A Division – Presented by Japan Technology
1st Place – Takumi Yasumoto
5A Division – Presented by Duncan Toys
1st Place – Takuma Inoue
International Open Division
1st Place – Luckey Li
(no video yet)
Check out video of the winners from the 2017 UK National YoYo Contest!
1st Place – Victor Sachelli
2nd Place – Andy Jones
3rd Place – Emil Wojcik
1st Place – Azim Jameel
2nd Place – Cameron Matheson
3rd Place – Daniel Pena
Check out the top winners from the recent 44Festa vol.25 event. Amazing talent, as always.
1st Place – Hajime Miura
2nd Place – Takumi Hakamata
3rd Place – Daiki Tanaka
4th Place – Tomohiko Zanka
5th Place – Akira Kato
This week’s episode of the CLYW Vlog Cabin shows off the team having a great time at the 2017 Bay Area Classic yoyo contest, the 20th Anniversary of this much-loved event.
Check out scoring breakdowns for all divisions, plus video of the winners from the 2017 Bay Area Classic yoyo contest!
1st Place – Yuki Nishisako
2nd Place – Michael Ferdico
3rd Place – Paolo Bueno
1st Place – Tyler Hsieh
1st Place – Ian Bellman
1st Place – Ayumu Harada
1st Place – Will Hahn
Fist Salud brings us one of the most consistently awesome things you can possible hope for: another compilation of yoyo tricks from a 44 Festa event!
From organizer Mark Peterson on Facebook:
Wisconsin State Yoyo Contest is cancelled.
Important message from Mark Peterson:
It is with a very heavy heart that we need to cancel the Wisconsin State Yo-Yo Championship this year. On Sunday evening, 3 of our Burlington boys were killed in a car crash. Landen Brown was a close friend of my son, Nehemiah and the rest of our family knew him well. He was a youth leader at our church and worked along side Nehemiah, Daniel and Carter, my other two children.
Landen worked at our venue, the Coffee House on Chestnut and Pine. He was lovd by everyone there and this tragedy has hit everyone very hard. The Coffee House will be closing early Saturday to allow everyone to attend the service.
Nehemiah and I have already discussed re-scheduling the Wisconsin State Yo-Yo Championship for this fall. It will be in late October. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause our throwers, as well as the families of our young throwers! We hope you can understand our position and ask that you pray for the families of the three boys: Landen Brown, Jason Davis, and Hunter Morby. May they rest in peace.
Check out video of the winners from the 2017 United YoYo Championship, a combined state championship for Kansas and Missouri.
1st Place – Patrick Canny
2nd Place – Alec Jones
3rd Place – Jacob Vaughn
1st Place (5A) – Patrick Canny
2nd Place (5A) – Jared Marcus
There are few yoyo contests in the world that are more consistently fun and awesome than 44Festa. It’s a chance for some of the best players in Japan to relax a little and get silly, and as we all know that’s often when some of the coolest stuff happens. Check out Fist Salud’s massive trick dump from 44Festa vol. 22!