The World Yo-yo Contest is coming back to the Americas in 2016, closing the first tour of the contest around the globe since the formation of the International Yo-yo Federation and the introduction of the round robin system.
The system will remain in place for the next contests, and the IYYF has announced the schedules for choosing future World Yo-yo Contest host countries.
Starting with the 2017 World Yo-yo Contest, these will be the general guidelines:
- 3 years prior to the contest: all applicant countries/organizers must send in their application
- 2.5 years prior to the contest: organizing country/entity is chosen by the IYYF
- 2 years prior to the contest: country is officially announced
- 1 year prior to the contest: venue is announced
2017 – Europe
The schedule for 2017 is slightly late, of course, but candidate European countries can still send in their application according to the following schedule:
- October 15th, 2015 – deadline for application submission
- November 1st, 2015 – IYYF makes a decision
- November 15th, 2015 – host country for 2017 is announced
2018 – Asia
2018 is also slightly late, but very close to the proposed schedule.
- December 1st, 2015 – deadline for application submission
- February 1st, 2016 – IYYF makes a decision
- August 1st, 2016 – host country for 2018 is announced
2019 – Americas
- August 1st, 2016 – deadline for application submission