Seriously, what the hell is going on with Werrd lately? Nothing but gold coming from those guys. Alex Curfman clocks in with the second video in Werrd’s Minute Minute series, and some great tricks. Also, anyone else notice that everyone seems to be wearing that JohnBot-designed Picture Trick shirt by Save Deth in videos lately?
Archives for September 5, 2013
Gennady Malinin throws around the new Eighty-Six 400 from Werrd in this gorgeous new video. The yoyo is really good, we’ve got a review model that we’re working on, but Gennady is just incredible. Truly a stellar talent, and we’re looking forward to seeing more from him in the near future…Worlds 2014, maybe?
Our own Patrick Borgerding got a great write-up in his local paper, the Redondo Beach Reader. Excerpt of the article is below, as well as a link to the full piece. Congratulations, Patrick!
Patrick Borgerding took a deep breath to calm his nerves.
He knew what he was doing – he held, and still holds, the title of national yo-yo champion – but still his body was shaking. White stage lights blinded his vision.
He knew that beyond them sat a panel of 10 judges who would be meticulous in their evaluation of a three-minute routine he had been ardently practicing for months.
He also knew that beyond them was a jam-packed room of more than 2,000 spectators.
In the 12 months leading up to that moment, he had devoted more than 300 hours to yo-yo practice. The song he was using as a soundtrack for the routine he was about to perform had a play count of 1,400 on his iTunes
It was early August, and the 19-year-old Redondo Beach native was in Florida, standing onstage at the World Yo-Yo Contest. He knew that his final score depended on his ability to wow the audience – that’s why he had incorporated a number of “flashy tricks” – and his technical execution.
Borgerding launched into the routine that he had been fine-tuning and dreaming about for months. Three minutes later, the room rose in a standing ovation. He knew he had pulled it off.
Read the full article online at EasyReaderNews.com.
A lot of players throwing a lot of tricks with a lot of different yoyos. We liked it, so we’re passing it on to you!
Featuring Tin Chau, Doc B, Darren Kim of Crucial, Shinnosuke Ishizuka, and Chris Rodrigues of KendamaCo.
Any of you guys tired of watching 4x World YoYo Champion Hiroyuki Suzuki tearing it up on stage?
Neither are we.
The skinny is – Use any Werrd “Time Series” yo-yo (EIGHTY-SIX400, HOUR or MINUTE) and win any recognized Regional, National or International contest and take home SWAG!
A Werrd Prize bounty valued at thousands of $$$ is up for grabs!
We’re still so confident about how good the Werrd “Time Series” throws are that we’re offering the bounty as a standing offer.
What is the WERRD BOUNTY?
At Werrd, we’re all about ‘technical excellence’. That means we create tricky computer stuffs together with a spinny cutting machine to make jojos play great. With that in mind we designed – the HOUR. Then we tweaked it to make it even better and lo…the 2K13 HOUR was born. After that, we created the EIGHTY-SIX400 and then the MINUTE and all of them were deserving of being featured in the BOUNTY promotion.
How does it work…
If you win:
- A recognized Regional event, you will get a pick of the board… select ANY Werrd yoyo from the current range** (or possibly one of the Special Editions from the vault).
- Your country’s National Event, you will be able to collect Werrd Swag valued up to $600
- An International Event (eg. Worlds, APs, EYYC, 44 Clash etc), you will sweep a WERRD BOUNTY valued at up to $1000 off our hands
That’s right – game changing… if you win, you score. Pretty simple.
You are eligible to win the Bounty if you have competed and won a recognized Regional or National level yoyo contest or if you take out a World Record using the Hour (see Terms and Conditions below).
No restriction on who can claim the bounty… You can be sponsored, Unsponsored, Werrd Alliance or Wrecking Crew, a Nun, Cheech or Chong… anyone actually.
Send us an email to email@example.com with the following details so that we can send you out your Bounty prize pack:
- Your full name
- Your address
- Contact telephone number
- Name of contest you won together with the website and any official published score link
- Attach a photo of you with the Time Series yoyo from the contest (this will be used by Werrd for promotional purposes)
This is us backing our yoyos. Simple. WerrdUp.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- You must use one of the Werrd “Time Series” yo-yos (EIGHTY-SIX400, HOUR or MINUTE) for your entire freestyle. If you change out during the freestyle, you must change to another “Time Series” yoyo in order to be eligible to win the Bounty. The Bounty is available for the following division 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A. If competing in 3A, all 3A pairs used must be Time Series. What are you waiting for – you better get a couple..!!
- The contest must be a recognized Regional or National or International level competition. By entering you acknowledge that Werrd has the final say on whether any given contest is recognized or not. This is to prevent people from creating their own competition just for the sake of winning the Bounty.
- You must notify us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of winning the contest in order to be eligible for the Bounty prize.
- Winners can win multiple events and claim multiple prizes.
- The BOUNTY is availabe for all recognized Regional or National or International level competitions and Yo-Yo-related World Record attempts for the next 12 unless published otherwise.
** Any available Werrd Yo-yo from the current range at the time of claim.
– See more at: http://www.werrd.com/hq/bounty/
This post sponsored by WERRD.
CLYW presents 4:32 of some of the greatest yoyo talent ever assembled on one team. Every second of this video is absolutely inspired.
Caribou Rendezvous features: